This weekend I was at the Ocean for three days with family. Granddaughter brought a new Scrapping Kit.. a "Hello Kitty" one. It was fun for her. I knew we'd be scrapping together so I brought something simple to do. I've had these two EK Success Punches only a few months and wanted to create using them. I took monotone pieces of cardstock to use for some of them. For the thicker flowers I created I layered two punched strips, offsetting them some. It is fun to use two different colors for this process. You can see in the pics the difference.
EK Success website
The two punches I have are Doily and Dahlia. There are a couple of others I'd like.
I made one flower and was not pleased with how high it sat off the surface. I preceded to trim the bottom part of the punched strip before rolling it up and I was happier with the finished product. I used a hot glue gun for sticking the rolled up strip together.
I will be dropping in something sparkly for the center of the flowers: soon.
You can see the amount I trimmed the strips below
Just a couple of sunsets at the Ocean this weekend: